Posts Tagged ‘webmail’

webmailmng Strange error

Saturday, January 16th, 2010

After applying hotfix 1 for Plesk 9.2.3, we started experiencing strange problems with webmail, in our case atmail, but it may apply to horde as well, on the server.

A typical example of an error would be:

Unable to get options for atmail webmail

Looking at the files installed by the hotfix, you will notice that the hotfix installs a new copy of:


which is why the problem starts.

There is a BUG in the newer /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/webmailmng

Instead of trying to access the config files in


the new version now looks for a config file in


My quick workaround is to simply, make /etc/psa-webmail/atmail/ a symbolic link to /etc/psa/webmail/atmail/ which seems to temporarily solve the problem.

The permanent fix is apparently to upgrade to Plesk 9.3.0, which was available at the time of writing.

PHP 5.2.5 and Plesk 8.1.x and Plesk 8.2.x …

Monday, December 10th, 2007

Oops, the latest version of PHP breaks a few things on Plesk 8.1.x and Plesk 8.2.x installations. It propably affects other installations as well, but I stopped testing since I was only interested in Plesk 8.2.x and later.

According to atomicrocketturtle the problem will be fixed in Plesk 8.3. We will just have to wait and see.

On rackerhacker‘s blog I found a very elegant solution to the problem that was provided by Kevin M.

I repeat the entry from rackerhacker‘s blog:

There’s a few issues with PHP 5.2.5 and the version of Horde that is bundled with Plesk 8.1.x and 8.2.x. The PHP include paths that appear in the Apache configuration generated by Plesk conflict with the PHP installation, and that causes the Horde webmail interface to segmentation fault.

To fix the problem, create a file called /etc/httpd/conf.d/zz050a_horde_php_workaround.conf and put the following inside it:

<DirectoryMatch /usr/share/psa-horde>
php_admin_value include_path "/usr/share/psa-horde/lib:/usr/share/psa-horde:/usr/share/psa-horde/pear:."

Reload the Apache configuration and your Horde installation should work properly with PHP 5.2.5.